5. Hellcat Customs - Jase at Hellcat Customs setting a Land Speed World Record at Bonneville. Although I only know Jase via my contact through Twitter, I was very excited to be following his journey to the Salt Flats of Bonneville and his world setting record on a turbo-powered Sportster with a side car!
Photo courtesy of Kelly Rogers
4. Off Road Riding - I was invited to join my friend Carm for some off road riding. This was very exciting as it had been 25+ years since I have ridden off-road. Carm let me ride his Suzuki DR650 and took me to some interesting places. I have to admit that I was quite nervous, first because I was on Carm's bike...I was extra-cautious and second, because I was out of my usual element of street riding. After several hours, I started to feel comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed the day.
3. Sportbike Riding - The numerous Sunday afternoon rides with my good friend Luc! One word describes the sportbike rides, "fun"! A major highlight was Luc getting a new to him CBR1000RR. Luc joked on several occasions that he thought that I was more excited about the CBR purchase than he was!
2. @JoeRocket - Meeting and having the opportunity to ride with Jeff S.! Jeff and I have been following each other on Twitter for several years and when he heard that I would be riding in New Hampshire this past summer, he offered to meet up and ride with us. An instant friendship was struck and we had a great day of riding through the White Mountains of NH. Jeff and his wife, Stephanie even made a visit to Fredericton later in the summer! I look forward to riding with Jeff in the future! (#2 highlight is directly tied to #1 highlight)
1. New England Trip - Without a doubt, the #1 highlight of this past riding season was the 6 day, 2700km ride through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut with my good friend Luc! The weather was perfect and the ride even better, "which way are you going Luc?" (inside joke!). The addition of Scala communicators made this ride even better! I am already looking forward to the summer trip for 2013 and wherever the road takes us!
Happy New Year and wishing you all the best in 2013!