2013 proved to be another excellent riding season and keeping with the tradition I started last year, here is my post related to my top 5 events of the 2013 season. There were so many highlights to this past riding season that it was difficult to narrow it to just 5 events, but here goes!
5. Buell 1125R Fix - taking on the project of repairing the charging system on my Buell 1125R. I was confident about taking on this task as I researched it thoroughly and made sure that I had everything I needed to complete the repair. The end result was a successful repair and getting the 1125R back on the road!
4. Coffee Runs - on three separate occasions this summer, my friend Luc and I rode 300km (round trip) just to have a cup of coffee. The coffee shop we frequented, Honeybeans is located in St. Andrews, NB...they serve an excellent cup of java! If you are in St. Andrews, this is a must stop!
3. Fundy Trail Parkway - in August, my good friend Jeff, aka @joerocket made the ride from his place in New Hampshire to New Brunswick. We had the opportunity to introduce Jeff to some of our friends and take him on a short tour of the NB coast. We took Jeff on a ride to the Fundy Trail Parkway. I love the beauty of this area and I am pretty sure that Jeff liked it too!
2. Maine/New Hampshire/Massachusetts/New York/Vermont Ride - this was an awesome ride! My friend Luc and I complete a long ride each summer and this summer's 2600km ride did not disappoint! We visited with Jeff and Stephanie in New Hampshire and rode with Jeff to Mount Greylock, MA; it was an incredible ride! We also toured New York State, including the Catskills, the Baseball Hall of Fame and many other areas in Vermont and New Hampshire!
1. My New Ride - my top highlight for the 2013 season was the purchase of a new 2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide! I had wanted a Street Glide for some time and this past year, the timing was right to make a move. I put over 10,000km on the Street Glide this season and enjoyed very single minute!
I am already looking forward to the 2014 riding season and can't wait to hit the road and share time with friends! Wishing you a Happy New Year and all the best in 2014!